Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefalco25 View Post
Can somebody explain to me what the benefits are for upgrading the code/firware/240e software (not sure what the exact term is). I have a 02/08 build and it has never been done. Highly considering it, but wasn't sure what all it did to the car and figured it would be good to know before I spend the money... Any help is appreicated. I've tried searching, but can't land on much to say what all it does. I have seen some claim you get more power from doing this, but I figure that is just speculation.

Thanks!

The 240E update would fall under "programming" and isn't "coding". Coding is feature changing, etc.. and programming is updating software levels and things of that nature. Given that you have never had any update done, I would certainly recommend having the latest engine software update (240E) applied to your car.

In a sense you can think of it as a windows update - patches and other fixes are applied to the code over time. Given you are on original software, you probably have 60E or 80E. The power gain is really an unknown with this, but overall engine operation should be better post-update.

We can update it remotely as part of our performance tuning software package.

Hope this helps

Mike

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----