Wassup Fellow Forum members As the Title states it is that time again!
Last year, Matt (Randomquickness) wrote a thread, this year I'll use most of his same thread but tailor it for this years Central Texas MFest Caravan.
alright Texans! MFEST 7 will be Memorial Day weekend of May 24-26th!
I will update this thread accordingly. Last year we repped TX well, this year we're putting TX on the map!
We are meeting the DFW & H-town crew in Fort Worth on Wednesday May 22nd at 8:00am and depart at 9:00am, spend the night in the Route 66 Casino just west of the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico (10.5 hour drive), and arrive in Las Vegas Thursday afternoon on the 23rd (7.5 hour drive).
This will give us time to get settled in and get the cars shined up before the events. We should depart sometime Monday and stop somewhere to sleep on the return trip (TBD as from experience, some of us recover from the weekend differently).
Now last year, there was confusion on the meeting spot in Ft.Worth. the McDonald address was a mile from the Highway when there was one off the exit on the opposite side. well this year, we will meet right off the highway at a mongolian grill called the Genghis Grill with plenty of parking and a smooth entry onto the highway on our exit!
Departure Date & Time: Wednesday, May 22nd 8:00am
Location: Fort Worth
Start Address: Genghis Grill
6600 North Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76137-2044
Spend the Night, wednesday @ Route 66 Casino
14500 Central Avenue
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87121
Phone: +1 505 352 7866
Fax: +1 505 352 7828
Link up with the El Paso, Texas crew in Flagstaff, AZ by lunch
there they will have an update on a 2 hr FUN run. depending on how were doing on time and whether any of us want to partake in that run then or on the return..
End Address: TBD (Las Vegas, NV)
Itinerary: these times are based upon the speed limit
1st Stop: The Route 66 Casino west of Albuquerque, NM (arrive approx: 7:00pm) spend night, depart at 8:00am on ____
2nd Stop: Las Vegas NV (Hotel) (arrive approx: 6:30pm)
If you have any concerns let me know.
Items to consider bringing with you:
- Motorola 2-way radios
- Radar Detector
- Basic tools for your car
- Spare tire (if you have it)
- 5 hour energy shots
- A Cooler w/ YOUR Favorite drinks in it
- Batteries & there charger
- AAA for the unexpected or
- The phn number to an Auto transporter/broker just in case catastrophy strikes and you need your vehicle brought back home
- EMERGENCY FUNDS if possible
feel free to let me know if you think something should be added to the list.
**also, if you live anywhere south of Killeen and would like to stay at my house Tuesday night before we leave just let me know.
pricing last year was:
$150 (males) $60 (females) to register
$145/night (4 nights for the TX folks) for the hotel
$60 for drag strip
$160 for the road course
The only thing that's mandatory is registration but from personal experience I highly recommend staying at the Hotel that is selected as the "Host" Hotel as it is the hub for all things MFEST during the trip.
Obviously, splitting the hotel room with someone is a quick way to save money.
lets get this roster started!
******************* The Veteran status UPDATE ***********************
1. Leonelhpfm3 (Rico,Ft.Hood, HPF Stg.2 M3) / Veteran
2. Shady1 (James, Ft.Hood, Jerez Black E92 M3 Highly modified) / Veteran
3. Omar Hernandez ()
4. Phi Hoang ()
5. Tin Tran ()
6. Kimberly Cortez-Aquino Zarate ()
7. Dev Jaiswal ()
8. Johnny DeGiulio ()
9. steph Huynh ()
10. Raza Khalid (Austin, SC E39 M5 or civic)
11. Alex Moreno (H-town, SC E46 M3)
12. Gustavo Pulido (DFW, VFE Stg2SC E46 M3)
13. Miguel Pulido ()
14. Bryan Rodriquez ()
15. Dwayne Jones ()
16. Gunu Kapoor ()
17. Anthony Lam ()
18. Yvonne Flores (Austin, M Coupe)
19. Ramon Matute
20. Joseph Advan Yu ()
21. Jesse Jordan ( CC, HPF stg2.5 M3) / Veteran
22. Isaac Overbee (Dallas TX, E60 M5)
23. Felix (El Paso, Mineral White e92 M3)
24. Cesar (El Paso, Melbourne Red e92 M3)
25. Jesse (El Paso, Hamann 7 Series)
26. Nadia (El Paso, C6 Corvette)
27. Gabe (El Paso, Interlagos Blue e46 M3)
28. Frank (El Paso, Z4)
29. Juan (El Paso, e92 M3)
30. Robert Loya (El Paso, E39 M-Sport 540i)
31. Jason (El Paso, Weistec Stage 3 Supercharged C63 AMG)
32. James (El Paso, bolt-ons/Cobb Tuned GTR)
33. Enrique (El Paso, e92 328i)
34. Aaron (Baton Rouge,LA / E46 M3 Conv.)
35. Erick Sanchez ( Dallas, TX, 2001 e46 325ci engine mods M3 body kit)