Drives: 2013 e92 M3

Garage List
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
Though it sounds like you are committed already, a reminder that for the cost of the BBK and suspension for the e92, you could buy a prepped track car And the cost of race gas and tires....

Look forward to seeing you out there though. There is an event on Sat Jan 19th hosted by a forum member here that you should make it out to!

http://speeddistrict.com/item/events...anuary-19-2012
I can do this in stages but you are probably right. I only need to spend $6.5K for now...the StopTech BBK is $5.3K installed, and I will initially start with springs (I have EDC) and camber plates. Already have Michelin PSS which may last a couple more sessions. But I should get lightweight 18"wheels/tires and a good coilover system and those will put me back another $6K (if I'm lucky).

I hope to see you at one of the Speed District or other events. I can't make the one on the 19th since it's likely that I only have brake rotor life for one more track event and I'm going this Sat with SpeedVentures to Big Willow so I will have to wait until my BBK comes before my next event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Good luck and I'm on the same path, sans blower. I love this car and the fact that I can truly have a car that does well on the town and the track is a challenge I just couldn't pass up. In my mind, I love the irony of a street car (in my case 4 doors) that can keep up with all but the fastest cars on the track with some simple mods. I have no interest right now, or the room... Ahhhh urban living... For a dedicated track car. I want to be the guy who shows up, pulls out the car seats, shames a few "sports cars", rolls up the windows, hits the AC and radio, and drives home. There's something romantic (for me) in that. If I wreck it, then it becomes the dedicated track build Good luck and have fun, the slopes pretty slippery
lol yeah it certainly does well on the fast tracks. Even though I'm a noob and just practicing being smooth, my lines, entrance & exist speed, etc the car is so fantastic that it's faster at 75% then many other cars at 100%. But at the low speed technical tracks, I'm having a hard time not getting lapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I think the only must upgrades are:

BBK
Coilovers
Seats
Harnesses
Wheels & tires
Good to know. Hadn't thought about seats/harnesses.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w