TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Agree and disagree.

Agree that the E90 M3 will take an immediate value hit in 3 months when the Concept F80 M3 debuts.

Disagree that he can get $55K. His cosmetic mods add <$500 value to the selling price, although mileage and condition are definitely helping out. I think a more realistic number is $50K. Remember, the car will be half-way done with warranty in the coming months. And it's missing DCT, which is the more popular transmission choice. It won't be hard to sell of course, but 6MT is always associated with a lower selling price because of the high option cost of MDCT.

Take this advice from someone who sold a low-mileage 2012 E92 M3 just two months ago
When I was purchasing my 2011 e90 I almost bought a 2010 with all options and only 11k miles. I had the dealer down to just under $50k "out the door", but my wife wanted to think about it over Thanksgiving week.

When we walked in the Friday after Thanksgiving for our appointment, there was the "guy in here talking about buying it". I thought that they were trying a pressure sale, but I saw him driving it around and he bought it at their full asking price of $56k.

You can never tell what a private buyer will pay, but I can be pretty certain that a dealer isn't going to willingly offer $55k either. Remember that mods typically don't get ANY value from dealerships/other professional places. In fact, they actually took value OFF my wife's 325i trade in BECAUSE I had installed a Dinan level 1 suspension a month before selling it. (Negotiated it back and then some, fortunately, on the new e90.)

I'd tend to agree with you on this one. Expect $50k, hope that you are pleasantly surprised.