View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
SlowLeak
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 Interlagos Blue/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Call Apex for info on clearance. I know their 18 x 9.5 EC7 wheels clear BBK. I have a set of EC7's and they look fantastic but I have had an extremely difficult time getting them balanced.

You can also use OEM 219M 18 x 8.5 with 15mm spacers (do a search there are a couple of threads showing the 18 x 8.5's fitting with stoptech trophy brakes), or 18 x 9.5 without spacers (OEM rear wheels). People are often selling their 219M wheels in the for-sale section of this forum. I would probably choose the 219M's in 18x9.5 for all 4 corners. Your 245/40's will be a little stretched but I think that's your best option. You could also sell your current wheels / tires and run the 18 x 9.5 set with 255/40's which would be a better fit for 9.5" wheels. Another option is a square set of 18 x 8.5 219M's with spacers front and rear. I may have a set available in February.... I plan to buy two sets of 219M wheels to create a square 18 x 9.5 set for the track.

BTW - the fact that you have potholes is a good reason to get a quality wheel (not the other way around). You can buy cheap stuff and deal with replacing bent wheels or buy something decent that has some strength. I have learned this lesson the hard way.
Thanks for the info. I talked with David at Apex and it sounds like either the 18x9.5 ET22 or the 18x9 ET31 would work. I failed to realize that the 18x9 is the same width and offset as the stock ZCP fronts so they should fit without a problem. They don't list them for the M3 since most people are looking for wider wheels for track use.

I understand what you are saying about going with quality wheels. Perhaps I have been lucky but this is my fifth winter with the A7's (I also used them on my '08) and I have only had to replace one so far. And I didn't even realize that one had a problem until I took it off in the spring.