View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
New Member
Skunk's Avatar
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 28
iTrader: (1)

Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
It's a hybrid of fiberglass and plastic making it both rigid AND flexible. It's a better option that just normal fiberglass.
It actually can be called fiberglass...or carbon fiber, or what ever kind of fiber is reinforcing the plastic. The are numerous kinds of FRP...there is sheet molded compound (SMC), which has chopped fibers (again, the fibers can be of different kinds) in a plastic that comes in sheets and can be easily molded via a vacuum mold, there are injection molded FRPs with chopped fibers that are compatible with the molding equipment, there are traditional lay-ups, tape-laying, etc., etc.
Skunk is offline  
Reply With Quote