View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
slicer
Brigadier General

Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
So everyone is pretty certain that it is contacting the upper inside fender liner? I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hitting anything serious.

So putting springs on will likely only make the problem worse...
Why don't you turn the wheel to full lock and look for yourself to see what it is contacting??? None of us absolutely know for certain what is happening while sitting behind our computers. I'm confused why you don't look for yourself . I know I am sounding a little rude but it doesn't hurt to do a little investigating.... I know that most 265/35/19, some 255/35/19, and some 275/30/19 tires rub on the liner at full lock. I know this based on my personal experience and research I have done on this forum. Having your tire rub the liner at full lock is not a big deal IMO.

I don't think lowering springs will impact the rubbing you are having at full lock. Springs may introduce some rubbing in a new location when impacting large dips in the road. I do know at least one person who ran your wheel / tire sizing with H&R springs. He added negative camber to the front suspension to make it work.
'13 SSII M3 Coupe - KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Front Bumper and Gloss Black Mirror Covers, TMS Studs/Lugs, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Interior Trim/Center Console, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, BMWPedals Extended DCT Paddles, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter, Advan TC3, BBS E05

Last edited by slicer; 01-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.