Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
Benvo during coding gave me the freeze frame info on my 6MT, had one mechanical overrev about 6 months prior to 8,800+rpm (likely due to wrong downshift)... 2 months later, differential nearly fell out of car due to bolt snap. BMWNA did come out and look at it, concluded that the diff bolt failure shouldn't have happened and approved the full diff and subframe replacement under warranty. Point is you're probably allowed a couple of "mulligans" with MT as long as it's not overly excessive (absolute amount and # of times), and with DCT probably a lot less to worry about.

I wonder if there is preventative maintenance for this diff bolt issue. I'm going to get 295/30/19's because I think it will reduce wheel hop that I get with my 265/35/19's on an 11" wheel. I'm terrified of this happening to me. 47K on the clock now and so far so good (even with 500+ times to 8,800 RPM)...

But then again I rarely launch the car.. Reminds me of the E46 subframe issues.. ridiculous to have fear to drive the car the way it's meant to be driven! I just love this car more than any other car I've had in my life and don't want to hurt it..

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is online now   United_States