Rep

Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
You asked for it, here it is: Valet 'Mode' Flash

A few customers asked me about being able to have a file to flash in to protect the cars interests. We all know that anyone else that drives our cars is not going to exercise the care and concern for it that we do. I can't tell you how many times I've seen technicians at the dealerships flogging cars dead cold, redlining them though every gear, and revving the engine to high RPM's when stopped to show off to their tech buddies.

Per your request - the valet mode flash has been designed with this in mind. I've been testing it for the last week to make sure that in every possible situation it delivers what it is supposed to. I'm happy to report that it does in every respect.

Features:
-4,500 RPM Static Rev Limit
-62 Mph Top Speed limit (This can be adjusted to any speed)
Cold start either on or off (I elected to keep it on because it makes the car louder, and if someone is driving it that isn't supposed to you will hear them)
-Freestanding rev limit of 3,500 RPM. (I'm probably going to make this 2,000)

Version two of the valet mode tune will have reduced power and throttle response. It will basically be demoted to a car to get to A to B without having much (if any) fun at all.

Many of our customers have been very happy with the cold start rev limit reduction, which I think is a fantastic way to keep your engine from wearing unnecessarily when cold. Remember, the most wear is induced when the engine is cold, so always keep RPM's low and easy on the throttle.

Here is a video of it in action:

Flashing the car into this mode takes only five minutes. So I wouldn't suggest doing it every time you go out to dinner, but it is useful in a handful of cases.

The 'valet' mode tune will be offered free of charge to our existing tuning customers with the cable. Email us at info@bpmsport.com and we will send you a link to the download.

After having this in my car for a week, I finally flashed our Stage II Akra Specific tune back in. Even below 4,500 RPM, the cars response, and overall driving characteristics are dramatically better. It's so much more of a pleasure to drive again, not to mention having the rest of my RPM back

The valet mode is based off of the stock calibration, so it doesn't have any of the performance or drivability/smoothness enhancements of our performance software.

I'm open to suggestions for RPM Limit, Speed limit, etc... if anyone has any. I think the next revision will make the sport mode do absolutely nothing, or make the car even slower. That'll trick them!

Thanks for reading!

Mike
Attached Images

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----