Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Smith View Post
I've used Epic (Randy Mueller) for all tuning on my E46 M3 that has won NASA Nationals for the past 2 years. His tuning knowledge on BMW's is unmatched IMO, and his customer service is awesome.
I tried others, but no one came close to getting the power out of the car that Randy could. Not sure why Epic isn't as popular with the S65, but he has consistently achieved higher dyno numbers on S54's compared to other tuners.
I'm building an E92 M3 race car now, and no doubt, Randy will do the tuning on that too.
That's great - but it's not all about numbers. You can make dyno queens pretty easily on these cars by desensitizing knock sensors and changing a few other parameters around. It will hold the power for the dyno runs but won't be there for much longer. Ask Sal@eVolve if you don't believe me, he'll tell you. Especially true on the E46 M3 and E60 M5 from my experience. There are different tuning philosophies - to me, safety and reliability are the two most important things. Drive-ability and smoothness are third and forth. Power and torque are important but should not be the primary focus if they outweigh the other factors. There is always a point of diminished returns.

People need to stop focusing on particular numbers, it's a pointless exercise!

Here's the last dyno of my car (although this is a hub dyno so it will read higher):

Legend:
Green: Stock M3
Blue: Full Akra, Pulley, Stock Tune, Intake
Pink: + BPMSport

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----