View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
SlowLeak

Drives: E90 Interlagos Blue/Black

Winter wheels to clear Stoptech 380

Hi. I'd really like to get a Stoptech 380mm BBK but I've run into one stumbling block. Since I do run the car in the winter I currently have a set of snow tires. Running Blizzak LM-60 245/40-18 on Sport Edition A7 18x8 ET20 wheels in a square setup. This combo works well but I measured the rims using the template from Stoptech and they will definitely not clear the ST-60 brakes. The 355mm kit will work just fine though.

So I'd like to get an inexpensive set of 18" rims that I can mount the snow tires on. The tires have plenty of life left in them so I'd really like to keep them if I can. According to Tire Rack, the tires will fit rims from 8" to 9.5" with 8.5" the ideal width.

It looks like Apex has a 18x9.5" that will fit and should clear the brakes but that is a bit wider than I'd like to go. Would their 18x8.5 ET35 fit? It isn't listed as an M3 fitment. Would I just need spacers? Is there another option besides Apex that would work? I'd like to keep it in the $300 or less per wheel range since these are going to take a beating with all the salt and sand they put down around here. Not to mention the potholes in the spring.

In case it matters the car is a 2011 E90 with ZCP.

Thanks.
SlowLeak is offline   United_States