Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Working on that valet tune for you too. I will make a thread showcasing the features once it's done. It will be provided free to all clients that currently have the cable. Features I plan on implementing for 'valet mode':
- 4,500 RPM rev limit (or should I make it less)
- 40 MPH top speed limit (is this too low? May prevent freeway driving)
- 2,500 RPM cold revving limit
- Retarded intake and camshaft timing
- Lethargic throttle response
Anyone who drives it would say "Hey, Bring back my Civic, this M3 is horrible!!"
I think the 40 MPH is a bit low. For me atleast, main roads in Germany have a speed limit of 65 MPH so I think this is a good speed. As long as the people can't redline our car and accelerate fast with having a reduced rev limit highway driving shouldn't be an issue, just in case the person needs to move the car to another shop for some reason at least they can go with the flow of traffic if they need the freeway. I am not sure what your highways speeds are. What is the 2,500 cold revving limit?