Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
For me the reasons were straight forward.
1. Probably the most important to me is the sound of the engine and car that you cannot get in any other setup. I really enjoy sound every single drive in this car.
2.the "special" feeling of being somewhat "near" race-car like feel. Nascar actually does not rev much higher than ours. Obviously F1 does but nonetheless it gives you a bit of that "race-car" like feel which makes it feel special each time you drive, atleast for me.

But in the end, while I will miss it, I guess I can't say the important things besides throttle response which seems to be getting better with each engine, will really be negatively effected. Curious other poeples reasons for liking the high-revving nature?
The S65 is the last and best interpretation of ///M engine building philosophy. The "S" might as well stand for "soul" as the S65, like the S54 before it, have such character (See your #1 point).

Of course successive generations of M3/4 will follow in the footsteps of their generational predecessors by delivering more performance, but if more performance had been the overriding goal, Nissan had/has just the car for me.
The S engines are special not only for what they do, but how they do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I will never, ever, ever sell this M3. I might get the new one when it comes out (just because I like to have every new BMW!), but this M3 and my 7 series will never leave my fleet.

Something about a tightly knit small block V8 at 8,700 RPM really makes me smile.
+1 It's an unqualified keeper.