TTG
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Agree and disagree.

Agree that the E90 M3 will take an immediate value hit in 3 months when the Concept F80 M3 debuts.

Disagree that he can get $55K. His cosmetic mods add <$500 value to the selling price, although mileage and condition are definitely helping out. I think a more realistic number is $50K. Remember, the car will be half-way done with warranty in the coming months. And it's missing DCT, which is the more popular transmission choice. It won't be hard to sell of course, but 6MT is always associated with a lower selling price because of the high option cost of MDCT.

Take this advice from someone who sold a low-mileage 2012 E92 M3 just two months ago
Go find me a 2011.75 E90 as clean as this one for $50K please! He can eeeaasily get $55K+ for his car in SoCal.

I also completely disagree with your comment about DCT being the "preferred" choice of transmission. That is almost deducting $$$ from his car for not being the "preferred" AW / FR combo.... It is a personal choice.

And this is coming from some one who recently sold a low mileage M3 for $10K more than what you are saying the car is worth!

-OP: If you are going to end up buying another E9X, I would keep the one that you purchased brand new. I clearly have no idea about your financial situation but it sounds like this is more of a financial decision for you. I would advertise the car at $56.5K and probably let it go for $55K. This of course also depends on what kind of a hurry you are in and how flexible you are to be able to conduct the transaction from overseas.

GL