Thread: ARKYM. fail...
View Single Post
      12-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
Mahzari
Captain

Drives: poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
Maybe just me, but here I thought cf was suppose to be strong. I guess this says a lot about Arkym.
Carbon fiber can be strong if there are multiple layers in multiple directions because the strength of carbon fiber is unidirectional. The monocoque of a Formula 1 car is very strong; one layer of carbon fiber that makes a lip, trunk spoiler, etc. is not strong. With that being said, all it takes is a properly sized box (so the lip doesn't slide around) with bubble wrap or microfiber clothes to protect it during shipping. They should show a little more respect towards their products and their customers.

This would be the equivalent of your BMW salesman dropping the keys of your new M3 on the floor and telling you to pick them up when you bought your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
speaking of packaging. I just received my painted mirror caps from IND.
The mirrors were covered with a microfiber cloth, and wrapped with bubble wrap 4-5 times (I'm not joking, bubble wrap went around 4 times). Paint finish is top notch and not a single scuff.

Thumbs up for IND. Definately will work with them in the future. Thank Iliya
Just purchased painted reflectors and they came packaged the same way. Huge thumbs up for IND - even with a relatively cheap product, they still have great customer service.