That's what she said...

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
When you change the pads for the comparison you might have an issue with dissimilar pad layer on the discs.You either have to figure out how to clean your discs and do a proper bed in of the new pads.If not your impressions could be skewed.Who knows maybe it will not even be an issue.If the ST pads are similar to the Pagids in make up this might be a waste of time to worry about..
Good point! So here's the schedule...

1. Arrive at track
2. Measure rotors and pagids, install pagids
3. Bed in pads
4. Run 2 sessions
5. Measure rotors and pagids, install ST pads
6. Bed in pads
7. Run 2 sessions
8. Measure rotors and ST pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmtrhed View Post
I would say that the testing plan is be good except the track will likely be quite cold in the morning versus the afternoon. Plus it'll take a while to learn the track (it will for me) so the morning sessions will be slower than the afternoon sessions.

Too bad we don't only have one day to drive.
Yeah but I think the brakes will take about the same amount of beating. The temp difference seems to be about 15-20 degrees ambient on average. I don't think that will make too much of a difference as far as brakes are concerned. As long as the tires can get up to temp quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
If you feel inclined to try something new, take a lap or two at 34 or 35 hot. I was talking to a guy I know that really knows how to set cars up, and he said my tire pressures were too high at 38. Just to prove him wrong I tried 35 and I'm not going back.
OK but my tires will look flat when they are cold!

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!