12-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Question Can Powerfold Side Mirrors be Manually Folded?

I know it sounds like a strange question, but can the M3 side mirrors with Powerfold be MANUALLY folded without stripping gears/breaking fold motor?

Only reason I ask - I picked up a set of Autodim/Powerfold M3 mirrors to retrofit onto my E92. My car currently does NOT have powerfold mirrors.

I also picked up the DS/PS door wiring harnesses from same donor car, along with the appropriate DS window lifter switch with powerfold option. Going to attempt to get the mirrors to power fold with these components (along with some coding if necessary).

Just was curious if I don't get them to work in powerfold after all this, if they could manually fold...

Thanx!
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune