I didn't read all of the posts so I may be repeating some things... here is my take:
- The M3 is today's best all-around, practical car with great performance.
- Nobody needs an M3 much-less anything faster or more exotic.
- There are certainly more "meaningful" things that we all could be spending our money on.
- There will always be something faster than what you have.
- Buy and drive a car that you enjoy driving, which doesn't necessarily mean it's the fastest, or the loudest, or can handle the highest actual cornering G-force.
'04 E46 M3 - Jet Black - Sold
'08 E90 M3 - Alpine White - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Silverstone II - Sold
'13 E92 M3 - Alpine White - Ohlins TTX, Fall-Line Suspension Arms/Bushings, AP Racing BBK, OE GTS Aero, Cobra Seats, Akrapovic GT4, GMG 4-point, BBS E88