View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
VCMpower
Banned

Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

You certainly have a case I would assume, but you should consult a Korean lawyer. Mahle products are very good. Meet or exceed factory specs. We use Mahle largely at my shop and in 20+ years, never a problem. Mahle would be interested in hearing what BMW Korea has to say about their product I am sure! Using the correct oil and doing such frequent oil services does not support what BMW Korea is saying to you. The obvious question by looking at your pics is why only 1 journal? A inadequate oil filter or lack of oil changes would show signs more consistent through the motor. Fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
Now, I live in Seoul, Korea.

My M3 suddenly started to have vibrations and ticking noises from the engine since 2012 spring.
Since it kept got worse, I have brought to the BMW service last month.
It seems like my engine suffers rare S65 engine main bearing failures from what I found on BMW forums.

They have opened the engine and found damaged main bearings, and made me wait long for BMW Korea’s decision.
After many weeks(6 weeks +) they finally have decided that my damaged engine is NOT covered by warranty.
Currently they are asking about USD$12,000 to replace the whole engine(short engine or RMFD engine).
Their excuses are that I have not used BMW oil filter, and I have not brought the car for oil change to dealer at 25,000km.

I have been changing the oil every 5,000km-6,000km with Castrol TWS using BMW filter for last 3 times. My last oil change(4th change) was done at 26,100km with Mahle filter on Aug of 2012. Current mileage was at 29,000km when I brought the car into the service due to engine vibrations.

Although I am very understanding person, this whole situation does not make common sense at all.
BMW Korea requested numerous documentation for proving oil changes and etc. I have provided all of requested documents, and also have got answers from Mahle group that their filters are exactly same as BMW filter.
BMW Korea still denying the warranty as of today. I believe there are many flaws I can fight back legally on BMW Korea’s statements.

Xking situation..

RMFD or new, Which is better?

Last edited by VCMpower; 12-20-2012 at 05:16 PM.
VCMpower is offline   Canada