View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
SP33DRCR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: '09 E92 M3

Hey Richard, not sure if this is an ongoing offer...

I just started tracking my e92 M3 a few months ago. I first got hooked up with a brand of pads called Carbotech with stock brake system. The braking performance was really great--nice feel and very effective. But wear (and heat) were major problems. I'd get one day out of a set of pads. I tried their XP-10 and XP-12 compound--and even put in ducting to help with heat. But no improvement.

I picked up some Pagid RS 19s, and was able to get an entire weekend in without a wear problem--I haven't measured them yet, but they look pretty good on a visual. But they didn't feel as effective as the Carbotechs, especially in threshhold breaking situations. There was a pretty long pause before the car started to slow after I hit the brakes, and this seemed to get worse as the system heated up (towards the end of long sessions). Do the 29's perform better?

I am considering upgrading to the Alcon Superkit (384mm fronts and I am not sure of the size of the rears). Can you get pads for this kit, and how much for the 19s and 29s?

Thanks,
Eric