View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
slicer
Brigadier General

Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
There's no point of trading your car in for a newer version of the same car.

Why not just mod the one you have?
1 - I already have modded my 2008 and I'm tempted to upgrade to the later Nav ($3000+), LCI Tail Lights / Trunk ($1200+), and an extended warranty ($2500+) - All of which will be included on the new car.

2 - I have never had a car as long as my current M3 (4 years) and I can't believe that I'm buying another one either. A family member wanted to buy my car which made it too easy to sell. On top of that Steve Thomas BMW is nearby and their pricing is great without spending a bunch of time in negotiations.

3 - I looked at my options and I simply think the M3 is the best bang for the buck. As for other options.... Don't want an Audi or Benz, Love the GTR & 911 turbo's but those are out of my price range (only interested in 997) plus I just bought my wife a Porsche Cayman. I also like the idea of having the last of this breed (if I end up keeping it). The 2014 M4 might be something I want but I can always get that later. I don't like paying top dollar for anything so I don't see myself being one of the first to jump on the M4.... That puts me into 2015+ for that car anyway.

4 - My car's warranty is ending this month.

5 - I can transfer most of my modifications, I know all of the in's and out's of the car, it's a proven and reliable car, and the new car will be as "different" as I can make it (coupe vs. sedan, dct vs manual, black vs red interior, etc.).

Enough reasons for you?

Last edited by slicer; 12-14-2012 at 12:57 PM.