View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
elistan
First Lieutenant

Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Problem is, it seems Obama wants the right to give ground on their principles right now as far as tax increases go, and then the left will agree to some vague, unspecified cuts to some entitlements at some later date. That's hardly meeting in the middle, or even negotiating transparently in good faith.
Problem is, it seems Boehner wants the left to give ground on their principles right now as far as spending cuts go, and then the right will agree to some vague, unspecified revenue increases at some later date. That's hardly meeting in the middle, or even negotiating transparently in good faith.

Whichever statement somebody agrees with probably has more to do with which news outlets they pay attention to, rather than anything to do with reality.

It's actually somewhat difficult to find the ACTUAL proposals that are being floated by both sides. I was able to find the Administration's proposal for a 2013 budget - http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/overview It includes a 205 page PDF detailing "Cuts, Consolidations, and Savings." It even gets to the detail of stating the Alaska Conveyance Program gets cut from $29 million to $17 million.

My searches for Boehner's proposals only turn up news and opinion articles about them, rather than the actual text of a proposal, so it's hard to make any judgment about them.

Update: I have found some references to the House passing a Budget Resolution, which I surmise is their cliff proposal. Gah. I hate reading though such legalese. It only has a passing resemblance to US English. Maybe I'll take a stab at reading it later on, if I'm bored, and if I can find any place that has the actual text of the bill.
elistan is offline   United_States