View Single Post
      12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
slicer
Brigadier General

Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
What does it to to edc if running these without modules? edc work work witb any kw coilovers right? It just disables them? Thanks
EDC and Non-EDC coilovers have different shaft diameters. You can replace some OEM parts to make the EDC coilovers fit a non-EDC car with minimal effort. I don't know the price but I will be doing this soon (I'm transferring my EDC coilovers to a non-EDC M3 once it arrives).

The EDC modules are not necessary but without them you will get a warning light on the dash / idrive screen every time you start your car. The idrive warning can be removed with a couple of clicks. It's annoying but not a huge issue.
'13 SSII M3 Coupe - KW Clubsport 3-way (Eibach Front Spring Conversion), Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Front Bumper and Gloss Black Mirror Covers, TMS Studs/Lugs, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Interior Trim/Center Console, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, BMWPedals Extended DCT Paddles, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter, Advan TC3 (18x9.5, 18x10.5), BBS E05 (18x10, 18x11)