Organized gang targetting homes in affluent neighbourhoods...after doing their homework then under cloak of darkness break into homes with owners either out of town or asleep.
They ransack the bedrooms and kitchens, looking for car keys.
So far 24 luxury cars, including Porsches, Mazeratis and BMW had been stolen.
Detail of the story
And some tips
When at home:
• If you have a garage, use it and lock it
• If you have a rear-wheel drive car, back into driveway
• If you have a front-wheel drive car, park front end first
• Always set the emergency brake
• Don't leave the ownership or insurance cards in the vehicle when unattended
• Drop business cards or address labels inside doors to assist with vehicle identification
And a quick reminder that if you have the BMW Assist subscription
There is a stolen vehicle recovery offer.
Make sure you call BMW Assist reponse centre right away so that they can remotely activate your BMW Assist system to locate your vehicle and hopefully help the police to recover it.