View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
NuclearSymphony
Perfection Driven

Drives: Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post
Ok folks, that's a PERFECT example of how a vendor should reply and make the case that nothing malicious is going on here. They admitted a mistake (you can't control every crazy customer rep), and showed undeniable proof that immediate action was taken to rectify the situation.

Bravo

Never bought anything from VAC, but this proves to me they are serious about all customers and not just motor rebuilds etc.

OP - you should be set now, looks like miscomms on both ends in a way.
I concur.

I don't know the first thing about VAC, or indeed half the vendors here, but one thing I do notice is how problems are resolved. Way too many such threads are stretched out over multiple pages with very little response from the "defendant" vendor, not to mention actually openly accusing the customer.

All too often, such responses are completely defensive in nature, which seldom solves anything and only infuriates the already-upset client, plus additional forum members who are watching and/or may also be former customers. Not to mention, several instances of these antagonistic response posts will end with an outrageous reference to buy more from them, or some sort of sales "call to action", which should NEVER be included in a complaint thread.

This reply from Mike@VAC is one of the best I've seen. There is no stuttering or making of excuses, just clear, concise information from his end without any accusations towards the buyer . . . concluding with an offer to put in a call and get a resolution in a mutually agreeable manner. Even the offer to call is commendable, many vendors will insist you call them for a resolution.

Sorry for the long post, but I've said nothing for too long.