View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
dnvrdrvr
Captain

Drives: JB E90 M3

BMW CCA @ COTA in June, October 2013

Wanted to give you guys a heads-up that the Circuit of the Americas will be hosting a couple of BMW CCA events next year. I got an email last night the contract is signed and deposits are in place for the following:
  • June 7-9: DE + racing
  • October 4-6: racing + other questionable depending on sign-ups

If you want to attend the DE, you'd better have participated in at least 2 events with a Texas chapter in the last two years, as that's how they're opening up registration. After that, you need to at least be a member of a Texas chapter. And after THAT, you need to be a member of the CCA. Doubt they'll make it out of the second round before the wait list begins.

If you want to race, you may have pretty good chance of getting in if you're part of the South Central region (which includes Rocky Mountain Chapter!!) since they're thinking about (no guarantees!) opening registration a tad early for SC region before going National.

I have no idea how much it's going to cost. I don't care. I'll be there in June at a minimum for the racing (woot! rookie license! ) I've seen al sorts of posting about whether COTA is renting out the full track or the short course. It was confirmed to me: the FULL COURSE will be driven.

I'll be down at COTA in May for the V8 Supercars races doing a little reconnaissance. 2013 is already turning out to be a helluva a season! Thank you, Texas!!

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States