View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
Taking the car in soon for an oil / filter change. Is there anything else that I should have done at the 30k mark? I can't seem to find any indication of maintenance that needs to be peformed at this milestone in the manual.

At tips or recommendations would be appreciated (esp. of the prophylactic nature . . . transmission fluid?)
For your car (being a 2008) you should refer to pages 66 and 67 of your owners manual, it will guide you as to the condition and requirements. Your service manual should be your first point of reference (some dealer service guys have no clue so you should be informed before you take your car in for service).

Case in point ... when I took my previous M3 with MT in for the break-in service I had to point out to the dealership service supervisor that an oil change of the transmission was also to be done. He insisted only the engine oil and differential oil requires to be changed. Until I showed him the manual.

Bottom line don't trust others too much inform yourself!
Attached Images

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada