12-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #85
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Because many people believe their own reality is everyone's reality. People need to remember that believing something doesn't make it true and that not believing something doesn't make it untrue.

This subforum is a perfect example of close-minded people on both sides of the political line. It's ironic that his post actually confirms that his comment isn't true either, except for him, in his reality. While damming for his argument, the post is quite true though. Everyone's perception is their reality. Very few people have the ability to disassociate their perception with reality.

Last part of his post also rings true. Happiness is a state of mind. If you're unhappy it's because you don't want to be. It's a decision we all make throughout our lives.
True, but the problem with the post I quoted is that instead of pointing out what is wrong or what he disagreed with, they just belittle and attack, like xbook's comment above. Comments like that add nothing to the discussion, even if you are 100% against what was posted.

I'm not saying I agree with what M3Denver posted, but I at least read it in it's entirety and made a decision from that point. Since I really had nothing constructive to say, I declined to comment. If that is what he believes, well then he's allowed to do so. I'm not going to act like a child and call him names and tell him he is living his life wrong.

That is what is really wrong with this section. The majority of people who regularly post here (on both sides) usually only resort to name calling and childish rants, none of which they would do if we were all seated in a room together I'm sure. I think the mods might be on to something, simply shutting things in this subforum down until it gets to the point where no one posts in here anymore, then they delete the subforum entirely. It's been proven time and time again that only a few posters, who don't post often, are capable of intelligent and civil discussion.