12-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #23
Eau Rouge
Captain

Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
So with just a few weeks of owning my M3(2011 10/10 production), I can say that I have not regretted my decision to leave the world of 5 series to come to the 3.

I noticed the other day that the shifts were really really slow. I would be on the gas, up shift and the car would easily take another 1000rpm before it would even shift. I changed the shift speed from 1-5 and that did not have an effect. I first noticed it when I pulled the lever at 4000 rpm under moderate acceleration and the car did not shift until over 5000. This happened for about 3 days and then disappeared.

I searched on this topic and did find many threads on the non-responsive shifts but the SIB's and threads seem to be for cars which had production dates much earlier than my car. I am was going to bring the car in and have them update to the 213e (or 231e) software but I was not sure if anybody else had seen this issue and had software updates to correct it.
I'm no ///M engineer, but I wonder if what you describe occurs in more cars. Based only on the emboldened text, if others are experiencing similar tranny behavior, you may have stumbled onto something fairly extraordinary -- adaptive shifting -- that learns driver shift patterns then compels driver to endure "playback".