Aonother "Extended Maintenance" post
Good day to Everyone!
So I want to ask a question that has been asked quite a few times here already, but with some additional detail to see if the consensus changes.
Should I buy the Extended Maintenance Agreement from BMW?
Here are the extra details:
1. I bought my 2009 M3 Coupe at the end of May 2012. For now, no plans to take it to the track, but that might change down the road.
2. I work out of my house (no commute), and once every couple of weeks I drive to my company HQ for a 300 mile round trip.
3. I expect to put approximately 9000 miles / year on the car.
4. As of today, there are 23,500-ish miles on her (18,900 when purchased)
5. The car has the DCT with Drivelogic.
6. My M3 is "certified" <-- my sales guy said this ...and has the Extended Warranty up to a total of 6 years / 100,000 miles.
7. My local BMW Service rep has quoted me $3,750 for the Extended Maintenance.
8. My normal maintenance expires in a few weeks on December 22nd.
9. In the 6 months that I've had the car, I have had the oil changed, rear differential serviced, brakes serviced (not sure exactly what was done, but no rotors were changed).
So, I get that a couple oil changes and maybe a brake job w/ rotors is PROBABLY going to be less than the $3,750, but since my mileage is sort of low for a 4 year old car, I thought it might still be worth it? I just don't know...
Isn't there a "30,000 mile service" that costs a couple grand?
Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts on the matter!