View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Originally Posted by Xcelrrate View Post
IMHO, I beg to differ, "seems' to me that the less driven car seem to have more problem then a car that is driven...
+1; obviously maintenance will be cheaper on a car driven fewer miles, but I don't see a direct relationship to the likelihood of warranty claims. In fact, I'd agree with you that cars that aren't driven often are more likely to have shit break.

Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
I don't see it as messesery you might ask why, well, we have a 25 year old 535is all this car ever needed is a new clutch and some body work apart from regular maintenance.
Aside from the manufacturer being the same, to conclude that an e9x will be as reliable as a car made 25 years ago sounds flawed to me. To compare the number of things that can go wrong in a modern m3 vs. a car that old is like comparing the reliability of a computer to a manual typewriter.

Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
1) Consumers Report, in an issue on car maintenance costs, noted that, out of all BMW models, the M3 cost the least to maintain.
I believe Consumer Reports cited the m3 as being the most reliable which is not saying it is the cheapest BMW to maintain.