12-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm about to break into the 50,000 mile club do you recommend I extend my warranty? Have any of you tallied up the cost and seen if it was beneficial?
I don't see it as messesery you might ask why, well, we have a 25 year old 535is all this car ever needed is a new clutch and some body work apart from regular maintenance.

So like someone said it's like insurance. I would if I was concerned open a special savings account put the equivalant cash in there and let it grow,, it will be there should you ever need it. If you don't need it use it for your next new car

Another example, my former e46 build in late 2001 sold in 2010 only needed 2 new rear springs and two brake jobs. One before spring before I sold her and the new owner (I am still in touch with him) changed the other rear spring last year. The 2 brake jobs with nearly 100K KM on that car are normal.

Good luck with whatever you decide, I just commented here to give you fruit for thought.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada