View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
NRBRNG
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 E92 M3, DCT, SG.

Related to consequences on track. Well, perhaps not exactly starvation, more running low and engine shutting off...
Ridge Motorsports park this summer; towards end of a session I got the low fuel warning and figured one more hot lap plus cool down and call it. I only got half we through the hot lap and all systems shut down. Engine off, insufficient fuel warning light- or something, but most scary of course...no power steering. I was hard braking entering a tight complex after a big elevation change at a reasonable speed and had to (try) to brake to scrub speed to turn and avoid leaving the track. Our cars do not turn well with engine off. Trust me.I only just kept it on the tarmac. Car re-started (in limp mode) and got me to the pits.

So, be extremely careful when getting low. This had never happened previously on the odd occasion I hit the low fuel warning. It may well have been the elevation change or something.
Nobody needs an unnecessary reason to be stopped on track.
MCS 2-way, GC race CP, TMS solid subframe/Diff bushings, RD sway bars, Akra catless GT4, BPM tune, welded half cage/door bars, Recaro Profi's /Schroth 6 pts, Stoptech ST60/ Cobalt XR1/2 race pads, Apex ARC 8's, Yoko A005 slicks, RKP GT4 Splitter, APR GT250 Wing, BMC filter, BW race F CAB's, Dinan R Toe Links, Mini CS battery, Aim DL, Dry-3100 pounds