Takes threads off topic...daily

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
I just want to comment that while attending the Formula 1 race at COTA, there were forty convertibles (open top) vehicles driving around, really really fast. If those guys can do it, then why can't the BMWCCA allow it?

- V
ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bimmer View Post
James let me know about this. I've never done anything like this. What do we have to do in order to register or to even drive on that track?
Well...you have to register for an event. I believe you will get first dibs at this particular BMWCCA event if you've driven with BMWCCA in TX at an Auto-X or HPDE. Then it will eventually be offered to BMWCCA members across the nation.

I would guess that you need to first become a BMWCCA member. Then pray that many people are asleep at the wheel when registration opens and then you'll get a shot. I have no other idea if other DE orgs have different requirements. I would assume not...just need to be in the know and quick when registration opens up.

Be warned...you will get rock chips at this event and will probably mess up your coat of wax. I know you're a die hard waxer dude

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!