View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #46
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
When I talked to PSI about their Ohlins kit they said "there are a lot of customers running them on the street" and they actually recommended them for street use even though their website says otherwise! I'll wait until I find out how many miles their customers were able to get on the street before the dampers need rebuilds...

I was the one that originally suggested the R&T kit and clearly stated only if he was "willing to wait" Any idea when the kit will be released?
A good example would be the Ohlins based Stasis coilovers, go over to the Audi board and you will find lots of guys are finding out the frequent servicing requirement of the non-R&T dampers.

Based on what the OP is after, the Ohlins based Raceline kit may be an overkill for him. After all he is trying to decide between KW V3, CS or the GC kit. The Ohlins R&T, TCK SA or TCK DA will make more sense.

Ohlins R&T is awaiting the release of the EDC module, then two separate kits will be released, one for non-EDC cars(1M included) and one for EDC.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=ohlins