View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
smmmurf
Colonel

Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
so even with windows open its ok? and how does this connect to the gopro?
I use a Contour+2 w/ mini external mic input. Gopro may have a different way of connecting external mic? I just ordered a Hero3 black for a second cam, which I understand also has external mic input.

Windows open it is perfect, no wind noise, just tire squeal and engine noise... I taped mine to the inside of my closed armrest. It really makes video watching much more enjoyable without the wshhhhhh of air

Unfortunately I don't have any videos of my car posted, but it still works ok in a less insulated car like a Porsche 911. I mounted my cam to my friend's new 991S which I got to drive. Did the same thing, put it in my buddy's armrest. It didn't work as well as it does in my M3 since Porsche doesn't have a rubber seal ring like we do on the lid of our armrest, but it was ok and you can hear the engine a lot better than without a separate mic. It lets you turn up the mic gain without turning up the wind noise.

http://contour.com/stories/sean-y-dr...-sonoma-111712

M3 Sedan LCI - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks

Last edited by smmmurf; 11-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.