View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
Ezio
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
BMW designs are timeless to a certain degree. By that I mean that they age well. Even a well kept e46 M3 still looks good to my eyes. The feel of a NA V8 is special, and won't be duplicated by a turbo 6.

There are also disadvantages to getting the latest model immediately.

1. Invariably, there are are bugs to get worked out. Look at the issue with oil pumps in the new M5, for instance.

2. Manufacturers always improve on the model mid production. After this, IMO, is actually the the best time to get a car. There is also a decent aftermarket already in place if you are in to modding.

3. Production of the current M3 will continue until late spring 2013. There will be a one year gap for the next M3 to actually reach the market, which means summer/fall 2014. That is still almost 2 years before the first batch is released. Then give it at least a year to get at least the first bugs worked out and you are looking at 2015 to actually buy.

Bottom line, get the e9x now. It wins on many fronts.
I will most likely do a 3 year lease on this car, because i know i will want something different in time. you have made me feel better about getting a m3. going to look at one today. but will probably wait tell spring to lease one out.