View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #33

Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Please don't be advising r-compounds to an obvious rookie this is dangerous and bad advice. I don't mean to call anyone out I just think we need to be mindful of the ability of the drivers we are giving advice to. It is in their best interest that new drivers don't leap to r-compound tires otherwise this could happen

Anyways, HPDE is not about lap times and chasing speed through car modifications. It is about chasing speed through better driving. Street tires will make you a better driver before r-comps do. Street tires allow for higher slip angles, more cushion, more progressive break away, more car control to play with, limit at safer speeds. R-comps reward a slightly different driving style that, in my opinion, isn't as fun!, but drivers education should be done on street tires in slow cars.
@Purple Derple:
Uh, if you read what was written to me as a question "Any idea what tires you're looking at? You should stick to street tires until you max them out before R-compound." Then I responded with what I am thinking about doing. I did not offer that as advice to anyone, but what I am thinking of. In an earlier post, I DID provide advice that one should drive stock for awhile before changing anything. (So you are calling me out, but without accuracy.)

- V
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.