View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #28
VMcV3y
Captain

Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Please don't be advising r-compounds to an obvious rookie this is dangerous and bad advice. I don't mean to call anyone out I just think we need to be mindful of the ability of the drivers we are giving advice to. It is in their best interest that new drivers don't leap to r-compound tires otherwise this could happen http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694316

Anyways, HPDE is not about lap times and chasing speed through car modifications. It is about chasing speed through better driving. Street tires will make you a better driver before r-comps do. Street tires allow for higher slip angles, more cushion, more progressive break away, more car control to play with, limit at safer speeds. R-comps reward a slightly different driving style that, in my opinion, isn't as fun!, but drivers education should be done on street tires in slow cars.
Purple Derple:
Uh, if you read what was written to me as a question "Any idea what tires you're looking at? You should stick to street tires until you max them out before R-compound." Then I responded with what I am thinking about doing. I did not offer that as advice to anyone, but what I am thinking of. In an earlier post, I DID provide advice that one should drive stock for awhile before changing anything. (So you are calling me out, but without accuracy.)

- V

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States