View Single Post
      11-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Originally Posted by Johnfr
Funny. I just went through this. I bought a 2008 135i in 2008 and just traded it 4 months ago for a 2008 M3 with 6200K miles on it. The car had Eisenmann race and HRE's. I liked the 135i, but, I love the M3. The good news: I got great trade in value for the 135i with 45k miles on it. The M3 was absolutely perfect as in like new with very expensive mods on it that I didn't have to pay for. My insurance went up $3 per year. The M3 is larger in size and a totally different experience. I like the technology in the 135i with twin turbo's (N54). Since the 135i was paid for I only had to come up with about $23K. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The M3 is classy, more comfortable, and looks better - even though I like the looks of the 135i. The 135i is an around town accelerant. The M3 is more of a open road cruiser that performs best at a higher (illegal) speed. Finally, the 135i is only 7/8 size of a car if you are over 5'10".
Okay. That's what I'm thinking. Mostly I'm cruising in the city, even worse it's downtown, lol. I do really like how M3 looks and sounds with its NA engine. Probably I will just keep it for now and test drive an M3 and decide later on. Do you mind to PM me the price that you got and the dealer? Thanks
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates