View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #38
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Bringing this thread back from the dead! XD

I've been doing a combox media retrofit and everything works except bmw live & internet. I can get it to work if I could just get the "update bmw assist" in the service status screen under connected drive to not be greyed out, I suspect it's a data tethering issue. I'm using a sammy nexus s runing cyanogen 10 (android 4.1.2 if that helps) Even though my bluetooth tethering works for my laptop, it seems the car isn't recognizing it, I even tried a bb 9900 with no success, any ideas?

third, what phone are you using to get all of the office stuff? All I've got is MAP profile related things like sms. No calendar, tasks etc.

edit: nvm got everything working! was a coding issue. Chose UK for bmw online setup got streetview, panoramia, AND yelp which was surprising. Maybe newest software added it into UK as well. For anyone wondering, bluetooth tethering works perfectly on Telus nexus s. by default you won't have MAP profile for sms, but if you root and flash a custom rom like cyanogen 10 it will work.

Last edited by KmndntKlink; 11-21-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: update