View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #33
2001M

Drives: 2001 M Roadster

Garage List
2001 M Roadster  [0.00]
F1 weekend-a few thoughts

V- it was just too much chaos as you mentioned to actually 'meet up'. Too many unknowns with traffic issues/people/timing.

My intent was F1 and attempt to get to/from with as little traffic problems as possible. (IE stay away from Austin); I brought a customer whose intent was the same. Mission accomplished!
Bought T-4 tickets which are close to Parking lot P (southeast side). I decided to book a hotel in Bastrop (also on SE side) 30 min away. This was a BREEZE leaving every day. Even on Sunday; Took 10 min to get out of the parking lot Sun and no traffic at all back to Bastrop/customer was very thankful that we avoided any 1 hr waits etc..
COTA Merchandise booths (only 2 booths I believe) were a disaster; I waited in line for 10min /when the line didn't move i said 'adios'. Also, their credit card machines were not functioning the entire weekend at any merchandise booth so it was a cash only for the entire weekend.

We actually had more fun sitting in GA areas than in our seats. Sunday we grabbed (were sitting by 7:45am) in GA area RIGHT next to the pole position--Vettle's car wasn't but 50 ft. from us on the start. It was awesome; No complaints with T-4 snake section but to be that close was awesome-- We also sat in T-11W on Friday afternoon for a bit; the sun was beating down on you exposed like a rock in the desert; I would not recommend those seats.

->Looking forward to the next M club track day with you guys!!--In the meantime I'm heading to Sebring for a HPDE Dec 8-9th ! Can't wait!

--R