View Single Post
      08-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
Hey Jamie,

I remember your posts from way back when we were looking into getting the new coupe. I see you got a 330i instead and are now waiting on the M3. Do you have any idea how long the M3 list is at Edmonton BMW and when they expect deliveries? I will be wanting to get on the list some time, the M3 is the only car worthy of replacing my 335, my lease ain't over till 2009 but they can easily swap it for an M3 lease, maybe in '08. I'm just worried how bad the demand will be and how far ahead I'd have to tell them to get one in '08 or '09. If you have any info let me know.

Thanks
I saw the waiting list yesterday when I was at the dealer( I always stop in when I go to the city). It is approximately 12 people long and I am sitting at #4 now. The first two cars are actually ordered and they are expected in around Feb 08'. The reason that I put my money down so quickly was the list was considerably longer and I was at like #8 or #9 at the time (The dealer was not sure when production would start). Basically I was trying to secure a position for when my car comes off of lease in Sept 09'. Since then quite a few people have dropped off of the list so I have moved up. Anyhow, we have an understanding that I can hold my position until I want an M3 (the next guy in line will get bumped past me) I just have to give them 3-4 months notice.

As for you getting a spot on the list I'd say that you should call Shane Bolle and see what he has to say to you. He has been very good to deal with whenever I have had any concerns or questions.

Good Luck