View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #33
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Originally Posted by cchan View Post
Don't have a final "yes" yet... but looking most likely that we will be doing the Laguna school in January. The HPDE team still needs to crunch a few numbers and should have a decision over this weekend.

Unfortunately, on a separate note, Sonoma sounds like it is nowhere close to being in the realm of possibilities for our chapter at a reasonable price... Seems that they must be in competition with Lime Rock for the most expensive track rental rate in the country. Let's just say that there are a few brand new BMW models, not even stripped down, which would cost LESS than what I was told for just the surface rental cost (not including the cost of corner/safety workers and insurance) would be for an off-season day... WOW!
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed.
I'm surprised Sears Point is more than Laguna Seca.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."