View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #13

Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3

Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
Bump for an update. I have played with the settings a bit.

I ran rec'd settings, R: 6/9 C: 6/6, and found it had a little understeer on corner entry and mid corner. This is with -2.5 camber and 0 toe.

I softened front rebound to 9, to make it R: 9/9 C: 6/6, and it noticeably worsened the understeer. It made the car push bad with my setup and driving style (295/265 AD08).

Returning to the rec'd settings cured the understeer (mostly). I then stiffened front rebound 2 clicks to see if that would completely eliminate understeer, and did not notice a substantial difference between rec'd settings and R: 4/9 C: 6/6. I am now back to the rec'd settings.

It is my thinking that the stagger I have is causing my understeer issues, which should be cured by my new 18x10 275/275 conti slick setup. I will report back after testing. I will say that even though the car understeers some, it drives amazingly on track and is much more planted than stock. My 2c.

Edit: I would like to get input from other KW CS drivers, perhaps there is something I'm missing that is causing mild/moderate entry/mid corner understeer. I read JAJ's post(s) many times and I know he was pleased with R: 11/11. I don't know if the difference is stock PS2 vs. wider AD08, or driving style, or some other factor. More knowledgable folks please chime in.
Perhaps this chart will help:

The most effective way of solving mid-corner understeer is going to a staggered set up, which you are already doing.

I would not directly apply one car's 'optimal' setting to another car because there are too many variables. The driver, tires, wheels, suspension set up, race track... all completely different.
Authorized AiM Dealer - Solo/Solo DL | SmartyCam HD |