11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #51
KingOfJericho
Major General

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraGSPBMW View Post
Really! The most obvious is “Obamacare”. Over the years I’ve heard the huge argument that “healthcare is a right”. Okay. Well do I have a right not to participate? No. If I choose to affirm or act upon my “right” not to participate I have to pay a tax. Personally, I think there needs to be a sustainable health system, but forcing everyone to participate is not the way to go. How about letting those of us that are healthy well into our 40s and beyond off the hook...I beleive that should be my right.
Yes, really. You're upset about the prospect of having healthcare? Taxes also pay for those pesky roads and schools. If you don't have children or a car do you write to the mayor of your city and tell him you want that tax money back because you want to excercise the right to not send your children to public school? There is a real problem with skyrocketing healthcare in this country and when something does go wrong and you're not covered, you would rather die in the street with a stack of medical bills than lose your "right" to refuse healthcare coverage?

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States