11-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #110
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Let's face it. Aside from maybe 1 out of every 15 MT drivers on this entire forum, you guys can't properly drive a manual transmission to even give yourself an edge over a real slushbox steptronic.
DCT > 6MT in every way.
And all this talk about heel-toe. please, heel-toe shifting merely allows you to rev match (imperfectly I might add unless you're a professional driver) which DCT does a million times over with perfect execution, further allowing you to focus on more important things like braking, turn-in and exit.

Sorry, I just love throwing wood on the fire.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
It's the same reason I love shooting with my camera in full manual mode 100% of the time. Sure sometimes I miss the perfect shot while adjusting the settings and take more under/over exposed photos than someone who shoots in a auto/semi-auto setting, but I find pleasure in having full control over the camera and it's very rewarding as I get better/faster at it.
Errr, no. In Auto/Program mode, there's no way you'll be able to control DSLR's exposure levels the way one can with manual mode; whereas, no similar analogy exists in 6MT-vs-DCT situation...

BRP CW13 1:56 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo | Endless | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD/ContiGrandAm | no other mods, nor weight shavings