Daft
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3 & 2003 E46 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.87]
2003 BMW M3  [5.00]
I didn't watch the episode but saw a preview on CBC news with that guy who owned the Vette. He said that particular car calls for premium fuel but he fills up with regular 87 anyway because the car's ECU is smart enough to detect knock and prevent that from happening. True, but at the expense of power. wtf he drives a Vette for? Retarded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
I couldn't believe how amazingly stupid the dyno test was. Put it in cruise control at 70MPH and they were expecting one gas to change the amount of power needed to maintain that speed? The gas doesn't change rolling resistance! Amazingly stupid video.

The one truth is that cars that require only regular gas don't benefit from higher octane, but they used the most ridiculous logic to prove it.

Also, I don't know ANYONE with a car that calls for 87 that puts anything but in their car. Where do these people come from? Lastly, every gas station I've ever paid at the counter usually says "regular?" presumably before I correct them with 93.

2011 M3 ZCP | ESS VT2-650 | AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION | 20" HRE P40 | BREMBO BBK | B&G SPRINGS
Future: M4 Competition Pack!