View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #29
driverman
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Im amazed at how civil this has remained, wow.

Anyways, since im in a state that is solid blue and my vote is essentially irrelevant, ill vote for gary johnson. If I were in a swing state, id vote for Romney, though I wouldnt be happy about it. The hyper-keynesian/salt water domestic policy of the last 4-6 years has been disasterous.
I too am amazed that this has remained civil. I hope it stays that way.

What has been disastrous is letting Wall Street run without appropriate regulations from 2000-2008, 2 wars, tax cuts for the rich and a prescription drug plan that was not funded. All of that led to the financial collapse that Obama handled with great skill. But he's getting blamed for taking too long to fix everything. Avoiding disaster required spending lots of money. So we have lots of debt. The alternative would have been a huge depression.

So the economy is recovering, but slowly, too slowly for most people. So they say: "Let's give the money guy - Romney - a chance. He'll make things worse because he believes in the same trickle down bullshit that Reagan and Bush did. Even David Stockman, Reagan's financial guy, says trickle down doesn't work.
driverman is offline   United_States