View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #21
Voight-Kampff
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philz BMW View Post
They are more alike than different. The election really doesn't matter, it's a made for TV spectacle with sheeple who hang on every word either candidate says. If Romney gets elected, his people will get money and the status quo will be maintained. If Obama gets re-elected, his people will get money and the status quo will be maintained.

Regardless of who holds office in the white house or what majority is in Congress a few things are certain:

-The debt will continue to rise
-A false prosperity brought on by debt and money printing will continue
-We are headed for an economic collapse
-"Solutions" which enable people to keep living the way they live will be touted (although completely unsustainable)
-There are no real solutions

You do realize that in order to start actually chipping away at the debt and fiscal gap something like a 50% cut in ALL govt spending and 50% taxes on ALL citizens would need to be implemented. Who would support that?

We are over 16T in debt, with a fiscal gap of over 100T. Yet the gov't almost shut down last year over 30B. Laughable.

See you in the shitter. Want to know the future? Take a look at the Eurozone.
I'm afraid I utterly, utterly agree with you on those points.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have a true "outsider" in the presidency. Someone who is smart, charismatic, a natural leader. Someone who has never sided with the boiler plate definition of Democrat or Republican. The more I fantasize about such a person, the more I realize that such a president would represent a significant threat to the political status quo in America. As such, I suspect Republicans and Democrats in the legislature would combine forces to shut down any and all ideas from said president.

I once came across someone who pointed out THIS and was saddened to find myself agreeing with that description of what American Representative Democracy has become. :/